- Are you looking for a supplementary pension plan for the self-employed company directors in your business who draw a monthly salary?
- Do you want a tax-efficient solution?
- Do you want to protect yourself, your partner and/or your children in the event of death or incapacity for work?
Then Scala Executive – NN's group insurance policy for company directors – is definitely right for you.
What are the benefits of a group insurance policy for heads of companies?
Finance your pension in a tax-efficient way through your company
The premiums are paid in full by the company, with yourself and any other company directors as beneficiaries. The premiums are deductible as business expenses within the limits of the 80% rule3.
The category of company director may not discriminate, and must be open to all (future) directors of the company.
Protect yourself and your loved ones by providing financial stability
As a self-employed professional, you especially need to consider that you might be unable to work for a time due to illness or an accident. The financial consequences of incapacity for work – or even worse, your unexpected death – will often have a serious impact on both your income and that of your family. That's why it's a good idea to take out additional risk cover.
You can use what is known as a guaranteed income to replace a temporary loss of income, while death cover insures your family's financial future.
By taking out optional risk cover against Death and Incapacity for Work, you can guarantee financial security.
Choose to save for your supplementary pension under Branche 23 / Tak 23 or Branche 21 / Tak 21
- Investing in Branche 23 / Tak 231 comes with no guaranteed lump sum, but does offer the prospect of higher potential returns in the long term. You can also choose from an extensive selection of funds, ranging from the defensive to the dynamic.
- You can also choose an umbrella fund that matches your profile, as for each risk profile, our experts select various funds that they actively manage.
- Saving under Branche 21 / Tak 21 offers a guaranteed interest rate and a guaranteed lump sum. Any profit share2 can then be invested under Branche 23 / Tak 231.
Tax-efficient investment in private real estate
Do you have plans to build, buy or renovate a property4? You can make all your plans come true right now with your Scala Executive group insurance policy.
What are your options?
- a tax-efficient advance on the reserve in your contract: you only pay a management fee
- a notarised pledge of your contract when you take out a mortgage
Catch-up contribution or back-service
Had you already spent a few years working for your company before you took out a group insurance policy? Or were you previously not self-employed? In either case, it will be advantageous for you to pay premiums retroactively in order to "catch up" on past contributions from up to 10 years ago, provided that this is permitted by the 80% rule3. These premiums are also tax-deductible for the company. If multiple company directors are insured in this category, then this must be done for all of them.
Talk to your broker to find out what is the best option for you. You may also wish to look at the Individual Pension Agreement (IPT) as a solution for self-employed company directors.