Team Leader IT
NN is a life insurance company with great aims in Belgium. We protect what our customers hold most dear: their family and those close to them. We believe that insurance is a very personal matter and by keeping things personal, our goal is to make all the difference.
With 1.4 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, NN is part of a strong international group.
Which is why we extend a warm welcome to NN to all potential new employees looking to make a positive impact on the lives of each and every one of our unique customers!
What will your impact be as team leader at NN?
Working with your enthusiastic team of skilled IT specialists, you will be keeping the infrastructure of NN Belgium running in an agile manner. You are a people manager, a source of inspiration, coordinator, oracle and charismatic leader – all rolled into one figurehead.
Sitting at your desk all day typing reports is not your thing! With your modern views on management, you will bring effective structure to the IT department. While the scrum masters see to the day-to-day management of operations, your job will be to create cohesion between the various teams, applying a mixture of attention to detail, care and transparency.
- You will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the work carried out by the various scrum teams, which consist of 20-30 specialists. Working with the scrum masters, you will monitor the capabilities, performance, productivity and quality of the services provided.
- You will work as an ambassador of the corporate culture coach and encourage the potential of your co-workers in a way that is truly motivational. You believe in the power of collective intelligence and will contribute proactively to your staff’s professional and personal development by scheduling and conducting periodic development, function and assessment interviews.
- In terms of strategy, you will monitor targets and ensure that agreements made are adhered to. You will manage the team budget with a sharp eye for efficient spending, cost-savings and knowing what is and isn’t necessary.
- Success grows through mutual support and motivation. As team leader, you will be finding ways every day to improve the people around you and to contribute to the organisation’s aims.
What do you bring to the table as IT team leader?
You have a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in leadership, coaching and people management, preferably in an IT environment. You will need to have plenty of knowledge and experience working with the agile method. Obviously in this role you will need to have good analytical strengths. You will also be capable of planning, organising and supervising things well. Good management involves ongoing change, so you will need to be flexible and broad-minded.
- You are a doer who proactively promotes the interests of the teams and the company in a way that is motivational. As you would expect, you have proper balance in what you do and are able to influence and convince your staff, your fellow team leaders and management.
- Diplomatic communication skills come naturally to you. You are able to give transparent and constructive feedback, even if that feedback is sometimes less than positive. You are a social chameleon and adjust effortlessly to every level of discussion.
- You speak fluent French or Dutch and have a good knowledge of the other language.
What does NN have to offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed. People willing to give the best of themselves for our customers. People with fresh ideas and the kind of drive that enables them to take the initiative. And people who are totally at home with our values. But, especially, we need people with a unique personality that really makes a difference. In particular, be yourself. That’s what we value and appreciate at NN!
- We will give you an attractive salary, supplemented by a range of fringe benefits, such as group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and eco-cheques, 20 days’ holiday, 12 working time adjustment days off and 5 days of extra-legal leave.
- You will be given the opportunity to discover and further develop your unique talents, so that you will continue to build your career. There’s a whole range of things available for you: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
- At NN, we know just how important relaxation is! Which is why we aim to achieve a good work-life balance. Working from home, flexible hours and a fitness space with group lessons are just some of the things that will make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought about providing an enjoyable, totally innovative working environment, where you feel at home, situated in the bustling city that is Brussels, literally next door to Brussels South railway station.
Feel like applying? Are you coming to make a difference with us? It couldn’t be easier!
Are you one of the best specialists in your field? Do you want to make a difference along with other enthusiastic professionals? Then we’d like to meet you! Apply now and send us your CV and letter of application by clicking the button.