Team Leader Cost Accounting
About NN Belgium
NN is the number 4 in Belgium in the field of life insurance and belongs to a strong international group. NN Belgium offers financial services that fit your life: building up a nice pension, protection in case of disability and death. We aim for clarity, care and commitment in everything we do. Because what matters to you, matters to us.
Role & Context of the mission
NN Belgium is looking for a passionate Team Leader to motivate his/her team of 6 accountants not only to achieve team goals but also to guarantee maximum quality and to reach agreed targets.
As an experienced coach, you will emphasize continuous improvement by motivating, developing and following up. Thanks to your enthusiasm, good communication, social skills and open mind, you will be able to pass on the innovative spirit of NN Belgium to your team. You will drive the improvement of the current Cost Accounting processes and the implementation of the PeopleSoft Accounting package.
Joining the NN financial department will offer you a participation in complex and highly-impacting projects for the department itself and for the company as a whole. You will also take part, and be an active player in the designing of what the future financial department will be made of.
As Cost Accounting Team Leader in the NN financial department, you will :
- lead with a modern vision and give the right direction to your team, coach, listen to them and you stimulate your team in their growth and development;
- be responsible for all development, performance and appraisal interviews of your team members;
- identify process improvement needs, propose and implement solutions ensuring a correct and timely accounting registration and allocation of costs, and a faster closing process
- supervise the monthly closing process
- assist the PeopleSoft implementation team in the design of the As-Is & To-Be solutions and processes with the implementation of the new Cost Accounting module and Procure-to-Pay workflow
- take part in the change management activities within the department and the whole organization in view of the new Procure-to-Pay process implementation
- Bachelor or Master degree (Finance / Economy / Accounting)
- Good (cost) accounting knowledge
- Experience in People management, coaching or leading a team: you know how to motivate, follow up, stimulate and develop people.
- Soft skills that will help you to form the best and most efficient team;
- Strong communication skills; you communicate clearly and diplomatically, in different situations, with different stakeholders
- Experience in process documentation and improvements
- Change oriented, previous involvement in transformation projects is considered a plus
- Good knowledge of English, French or Dutch
- Hands-on, pragmatic and solution-minded
- Highly motivated and committed
- Capable to deal with uncertainty and to work in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.