Senior Risk Analyst (Capital)
NN is a life insurance company with great aims in Belgium. We protect what our customers hold most dear: their family and those close to them. We believe that insurance is a very personal matter and by keeping things personal, our goal is to make all the difference. With 1.4 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, NN is part of a strong international group. Which is why we extend a warm welcome to NN to all potential new employees looking to make a positive impact on the lives of each and every one of our unique customers!
What difference will you make as Risk Analyst at NN?
As Risk Analyst, you’ll be part of the Financial & Insurance Risk Management team that is responsible for managing the risks inherent to NN’s insurance business. As an insurance expert with a talent for calculating and evaluating financial movements, you analyse trends and developments in customer behaviour, financial markets and quantify the consequences for NN.
In your role you will review the key financials of NN and provide the team with proposals for improvements. The team of 30 members shares expertise on asset valuation, Solvency II & IFRS reporting, cash flow modelling and assumption setting.
- As senior analyst, you are not only working on your own success, but also that of your colleagues. For example, you share your expertise with others and encourage the growth and development of the people you work with.
- You optimise the risk profile, on both sides of the balance sheet. By reviewing the effect of various strategic and tactical asset allocations from a risk/return perspective, as well as optimising the value creation of the life insurance obligations NN holds and plans to sell.
- You will work closely with senior management and report to them about financial movements, strategic developments and growth opportunities.
- You keep a close eye on changes to regulations and standards in the sector (particularly Solvency II, IFRS, Belgian GAAP, etc.). Your advice the impact they may have on our business will be leveraged to steer further refinements in the team and the company’s strategy.
- To achieve this, you coordinate and centralize inputs & calculations from different team members and departments and ensure the impact of strategic discussion and/or (external) events is clearly reflected in the key financial indicators that are used by senior management in their decision making.
- Your skills to turn available data into meaningful and interactive reports will constantly be put to the test. You’re always thinking about the next insight and structure your analysis in such a way that they can be easily “sliced and diced” to provide additional clarification.
What are the qualities of our ideal Senior Risk Analyst?
Your interest in asset management, financial analysis and life insurance liability modelling is an important first requirement, but as senior risk analyst, you also have what it take to take your colleagues to the next level.
- A university degree in a quantitative subject (economics, mathematics, physics, actuarial or engineering sciences)
- Strong work experience, with a minimum of 5 years in ALM, Asset or Risk Management
- An in-depth understanding of the various financial instruments and asset classes
- You speak and write fluent English and Dutch or French
Although numbers excite you, going through financials all day will not be enough. The work you will be doing requires a high degree of teamwork. The ideal addition to the team will be a supportive and assertive person who has good communication skills. You enjoy helping other people and your own curiosity does not prevent you from asking for help yourself and so expand your knowledge.
What does NN have to offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed. People willing to give the best of themselves for our customers. People with fresh ideas and the kind of drive that enables them to take the initiative. And people who are totally at home with our values. But, especially, we need people with a unique personality that really makes a difference. In particular, be yourself. That’s what we value and appreciate at NN! How?
- We will give you an attractive salary, supplemented by a range of fringe benefits, such as group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and eco-cheques, 20 days’ holiday, 12 working time adjustment days off and 5 days of extra-legal leave.
- You will be given the opportunity to discover and further develop your unique talents, so that you will continue to build your career. There’s a whole range of things available for you: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
- At NN, we know just how important relaxation is! Which is why we aim to achieve a good work-life balance. Working from home, flexible hours and a fitness space with group lessons are just some of the things that will make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought about providing an enjoyable, totally innovative working environment, where you feel at home, situated in the bustling city that is Brussels, literally next door to Brussels South railway station.
Want to apply?
Want to use your professional knowledge, talent and drive to help keep financial risks in check? Do you also have the aspiration to work with colleagues on a group level to achieve the best results? Then you’re the person we’re looking for!