Risk Professional (Assets)
NN Belgium is looking for a Risk Professional to join its Financial & Insurance Risk Management team. This team is responsible for managing the risks embedded in NN Belgium's insurance activities
Your tasks will mainly involve the management of market risks (including interest rate, liquidity, spread, equity and real estate risks). The team's role is to model these risks and ensure that the company is managed within the organisation's risk appetite. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with excellent analytical skills. Do you have a keen interest in asset management, quantitative finance and risk modelling? Do you have at least five to ten years' experience in ALM, Asset or Risk Management? And would you enjoy working with motivated colleagues from different departments within NN Belgium, such as Actuarial Reporting, Finance, Pricing, etc., and with colleagues from other countries? Then you are the Risk Professional we are looking for!
- contribute to assessing the risk profile of the existing asset portfolio and new investments by making strategic and tactical asset allocations to optimise the portfolio from a risk/return perspective.
- provide risk reports and risk profile analyses – to be used by senior management – related to financial markets, investments, solvency, economic capital, valuation and liquidity management.
- draw up budgets and forecasts for capital requirements, liquidity and consumption of risk limits. You will perform variation analyses between "actuals" and budget/forecast and will report on deviations.
- assist in the management and optimisation of the company's ALM and capital needs based on advanced asset and liability models and in-depth knowledge of insurance products and financial instruments. Knowledge of hedging strategies to mitigate risks is an advantage.
- keep up to date on changing regulations, standards and industry practices (e.g. Solvency II, IFRS, Belgian GAAP, etc.) and advise your manager about the potential impact and consequences.
- develop, improve and implement risk and asset models to perform in-depth analyses.
- a university degree (graduate or post-graduate) in a quantitative subject (e.g. actuarial, mathematics, physics, engineering, economics).
- at least five years' experience, ideally within ALM, Asset or Risk Management.
- a thorough command and understanding of the different types of financial instruments and asset classes.
- a keen interest in asset management, quantitative finance and risk modelling.
- an excellent command of English and Dutch and/or French.
- eager to learn.
- a team player.
- accurate and precise.
The location of employment for this role is Fonsnylaan 38, 1060 Brussels.
We especially welcome colleagues who invest in making a positive impact on the life of other people: self-confident, considerate and authentic. Colleagues whose actions reflect who they are and what they stand for. We want to be a company where you can make a difference. With an open culture and a flat organisational structure. We operate in a way that allows everyone to propose good ideas, no matter what their role or level of experience. Ownership and entrepreneurship are critical here.
We want you to work with us to help shape our company and our company culture. We want you to grow in your job and your career. And we encourage you to come and discover a work environment that is completely focused on the future.