Risk Analyst - Assets
NN is a life insurance company with great aims in Belgium. We protect what our customers hold most dear: their family and those close to them. We believe that insurance is a very personal matter and by keeping things personal, our goal is to make all the difference.
With 1.4 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, NN is part of a strong international group.
Which is why we extend a warm welcome to NN to all potential new employees looking to make a positive impact on the lives of each and every one of our unique customers!
What difference will you make as Risk Analyst at NN?
As Risk Analyst, you’ll be part of the Financial & Insurance Risk Management team that is responsible for managing the risks inherent to NN’s insurance business. In your role you will coordinate the activities of the Assets team. This team of specialists analyses market and ALM-related risks and ensures that the required risk profile of the organisation is kept where it needs to be.
As coordinator and an active member of a tight-knit team of 3 to 5 people, you will not only be working on your own success, but also that of your colleagues. For example, you will be constantly sharing your expertise with others and encouraging the growth and development of the people you work with so that you can all contribute towards the aims and ambitions of the organisation.
- You will be involved in optimising the risk profile, both of the existing asset portfolio and new investments by analysing various strategic and tactical allocations from a risk/return perspective.
- You will work closely with senior management and report to them about risks associated with the financial markets, investments, solvency, economic capital and liquidity management.
- You will support the organisation in its ALM and capital needs and base yourself on sophisticated asset and liability models in doing so. You will also use your in-depth knowledge of insurance products and financial instruments on a daily basis.
- You will need to keep a close eye on changes to regulations and standards in the sector (particularly Solvency II, IFRS, Belgian GAAP, etc.). Your advice on any possible impact they may have on our business will be essential.
What are the qualities of our ideal Risk Analyst?
Your interest in asset management, quantitative financial analysis and risk modelling is an important first requirement, but as the coordinator of a motivated team of specialists, you must also have the baggage you need to take your colleagues to the next level.
- A university degree in a quantitative subject (economics, mathematics, physics, actuarial or engineering sciences)
- Strong work experience, with a minimum of 5 years in ALM, Asset or Risk Management
- An in-depth understanding of the various financial instruments and asset classes
- You speak and write fluent English and Dutch or French
However, just sitting at a desk, going through numbers all day will not be enough. The work you will be doing requires a high degree of teamwork. The ideal addition to the team will be a supportive and assertive person who has good communication skills. You enjoy helping other people and your own curiosity does not prevent you from asking for help yourself and so expand your knowledge.
What does NN have to offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed. People willing to give the best of themselves for our customers. People with fresh ideas and the kind of drive that enables them to take the initiative. And people who are totally at home with our values. But, especially, we need people with a unique personality that really makes a difference. In particular, be yourself. That’s what we value and appreciate at NN!
- We will give you an attractive salary, supplemented by a range of fringe benefits, such as group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and eco-cheques, 20 days’ holiday, 12 working time adjustment days off and 5 days of extra-legal leave.
- You will be given the opportunity to discover and further develop your unique talents, so that you will continue to build your career. There’s a whole range of things available for you: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
- At NN, we know just how important relaxation is! Which is why we aim to achieve a good work-life balance. Working from home, flexible hours and a fitness space with group lessons are just some of the things that will make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought about providing an enjoyable, totally innovative working environment, where you feel at home, situated in the bustling city that is Brussels, literally next door to Brussels South railway station.
Want to apply?
Want to use your professional knowledge, talent and drive to help keep financial risks in check? Do you also have the aspiration to work with colleagues on a group level to achieve the best results? Then you’re the person we’re looking for!