Financial Reporting Risk Officer
What will your impact be as a Financial Reporting Risk Officer ?
As a Financial Reporting Risk (FRR) Officer you will review, streamline and monitor the current Financial Reporting Risk framework and approach.
You will support NN Belgium with the optimization and integration of its Financial Reporting Risk Framework, encompassing improvements on the efficiency of the existing controls and building of a future-proof set of controls upon our new accounting chain.
You will support our Financial Accounting Control & Treasury Manager in :
- Coordinating and optimizing the current FRR Framework
- Coordinate the FRR monitoring & reporting: monitor progress, collect and consolidate information from the different parties involved in the FRR process, status of the business tracking, results and mitigating actions;
- Ensure proper execution of the risk assessments, design and effectiveness testing of the FRR controls related by the Business lines (mainly within the Risk/Finance and IT domains).
- Harmonize the current internal control frameworks;
- Support, advise and challenge the different parties involved in the FRR process and coordinate the documentation of current processes and controls;
- Create awareness and coach the Financial Accounting teams in their role as first line of defense ;
- Act as a liaison officer for NN Group, Risk Management and the external auditors on Financial Reporting Risk
- Setting up future-proof FRR Framework
- Participate to the design the As-Is & To-Be closing and reporting processes translated from
- new IFRS legislations and evaluate the necessary efficiency improvements;
- Work out requirements for the set-up of automated controls on the end to end new insurance accounting data chain, with the implementation of a Data Integration Layer (DIL);
- Set-up of documentation (process flows, controls) and install process to keep it up to date;
- Ensure the organization complies with NN Group’s FRR Standard and guidance.
What do you bring with you as Financial Reporting Risk Officer?
Our ideal candidate has at least 5 years’ experience in financial audit / internal control.
- Are familiar with internal control over financial reporting, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Are an excellent team player by working with cross-departmental Business and IT stakeholders and know how to coordinate. Your excellent project management skills bring initiatives from planning to execution.
- Thanks to your analytical skills, understand the heart of the issue and have a good feeling for the big picture. You are hands-on, pragmatic and solution-minded. You are highly motivated and committed toward results.
- Have good knowledge of the BEGAAP and IFRS standards. Knowledge of the new insurance accounting standard IFRS17 and 9 and Solvency II is an asset.
- Are capable to deal with uncertainty and of working in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
- Have a critical look at your way of working and the financial reporting risk approach.
- Speak English, and one of our national languages French or Dutch.
- Strong communication skills which help you to express yourself clearly in English.
- Have excellent knowledge of MS Office and the applications for analysis and reporting.
What does NN have to offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed. People willing to give the best of themselves for our customers. People with fresh ideas and the kind of drive that enables them to take the initiative. And people who are totally at home with our values. But, especially, we need people with a unique personality that really makes a difference. In particular, be yourself. That’s what we value and appreciate at NN! How?
We will give you an attractive salary, supplemented by a range of fringe benefits, such as group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and eco-cheques, 20 days’ holiday, 12 working time adjustment days off and 5 days of extra-legal leave.
You will be given the opportunity to discover and further develop your unique talents, so that you will continue to build your career. There’s a whole range of things available for you: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
At NN, we know just how important relaxation is! Which is why we aim to achieve a good work-life balance. Working from home, flexible hours and a fitness space with group lessons are just some of the things that will make it easier for you to find the right balance.
And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought about providing an enjoyable, totally innovative working environment, where you feel at home, situated in the bustling city that is Brussels, literally next door to Brussels South railway station.
Feel like applying? Are you coming to make a difference with us? It couldn’t be easier!
Are you one of the best specialists in your field? Do you want to make a difference along with other enthusiastic professionals? Then we’d like to meet you! Apply now and send us your CV and letter of application by clicking the button.