Data Quality Officer
NN is a life insurance company with great aims in Belgium. We protect what our customers hold most dear: their family and those close to them. We believe that insurance is a very personal matter and by keeping things personal, our goal is to make all the difference.
With 1.4 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, NN is part of a strong international group.
Which is why we extend a warm welcome to NN to all potential new employees looking to make a positive impact on the lives of each and every one of our unique customers!
What will your impact be as a Data Quality Officer?
As a Data Quality Officer you will review, streamline and monitor the current Data Quality framework and approach. Thanks to you skills in Data Quality Management we will improve efficiency of the existing controls and set-up a future-proof Data Quality Framework which is aligned with Group and Regulatory requirements.
You will support NN Belgium with the implementation of an integrated and optimized Data Quality Framework, encompassing improvements primarily on Data Quality Management but also on getting data ownership more embedded in the company. You are responsible for the coordination and further enhancement of the existing Data Quality Framework and will focus on the development of a futureproof Data Quality Framework for the integrated company. You will also influence broader data governance and other integration initiatives to induce data quality improvements throughout the organization. You will report to our CFO.
Your main activities will therefore consist of:
1. Coordinating and optimizing the current Data Quality Framework
- Coordinate the Data Quality monitoring & reporting: collect and consolidate information from the different parties involved in the Data Quality process on the DQ status, major developments possibly affecting DQ, issues and mitigating actions;
- Create periodically a DQ report and outline to local management, NN Group and the external auditor the status, evaluation of DQ issues and follow-up, the latest requirements on DQ and evidences managerial decision making/actions;
- Ensure proper implementation of DQ controls / associated processes by being directly involved in the execution process, review and enhance existing quality rules for data elements that support critical business processes;
- Support, advise and challenge the different parties involved in the DQ process and coordinate the documentation of current process;
- Identify gaps with respect to SII legislation (NBB) and NN Group Data Quality policies.
2. Set-up future-proof Data Quality Framework for the integrated company
- Define the To-Be Data Governance and establish (new) roles and responsibilities to get data ownership embedded in the company. This in close cooperation with the Data Owners;
- Harmonize the current data quality frameworks;
- Provide overall control and monitoring activities for the processes between Data Owner, Data User and Data Custodian;
- Organize monthly progress meeting with Data Owners / CFO & CRO;
- Work out DQ requirements for other projects within the organization, for instance the implementation of a Data Integration Layer (DIL) together with Data Owners and the DIL team;
- Set-up of documentation (Data & Process Flows, Data Directories) and install process to keep it up to date (Data User in cooperation with Data Owner);
- Ensure the organization complies with NN Group’s Data Quality Standard and legal requirements
What do you bring with you as Data Quality Officer?
Our ideal candidate has at least 4-5 years’ experience with data management and data governance. Your sound knowledge in performing data profiling, data mapping, data validation, use and test case, etc.. means that you will be up and running in no time at all.
- You have experience in designing methodology, data quality frameworks and operationalizing them.
- You are familiar with key data concepts such as Data Quality Management, Data Integration and Modeling, Master Data Management, Data Profiling, Data Standards, Data Dictionary and Data Domains.
- You are an excellent team player by working with cross-departmental Business and IT stakeholders and knows how to coordinate.
- Your excellent project management skills bring initiatives from planning to execution.
- Thanks to your analytical skills you understand the heart of the issue. You are hands-on, pragmatic and solution-minded. You are highly motivated and committed toward results.
- You have outstanding communication and presentation skills (both oral and written) . You can persuade people and turn resistance into cooperation.
- You are capable to deal with uncertainty and of working in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
- You speak English, and one of our national languages French or Dutch
What does NN have to offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed. People willing to give the best of themselves for our customers. People with fresh ideas and the kind of drive that enables them to take the initiative. And people who are totally at home with our values. But, especially, we need people with a unique personality that really makes a difference. In particular, be yourself. That’s what we value and appreciate at NN!
- We will give you an attractive salary, supplemented by a range of fringe benefits, such as group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and eco-cheques, 20 days’ holiday, 12 working time adjustment days off and 5 days of extra-legal leave.
- You will be given the opportunity to discover and further develop your unique talents, so that you will continue to build your career. There’s a whole range of things available for you: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
- At NN, we know just how important relaxation is! Which is why we aim to achieve a good work-life balance. Working from home, flexible hours and a fitness space with group lessons are just some of the things that will make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought about providing an enjoyable, totally innovative working environment, where you feel at home, situated in the bustling city that is Brussels, literally next door to Brussels South railway station.
Feel like applying?
Are you coming to make a difference with us? It couldn’t be easier! Are you one of the best specialists in your field? Do you want to make a difference along with other enthusiastic professionals? Then we’d like to meet you! Apply now and send us your CV and letter of application by clicking the button.