Cost Accounting Officer
NN is a life insurance company with great aims in Belgium. We protect what our customers hold most dear: their family and those close to them. We believe that insurance is a very personal matter and by keeping things personal, our goal is to make all the difference. With 1.4 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, NN is part of a strong international group. Which is why we extend a warm welcome to NN to all potential new employees looking to make a positive impact on the lives of each and every one of our unique customers!
Cost Accounting Officer
What will your impact be as Cost Accounting Officer?
We are looking for a Cost Accounting Officer for our Financial Accounting Control & Treasury department. In this position, you will be responsible for the costs registration and allocation. You and your colleagues will also ensure that cost accounting processes are improved.
- work in the Cost Accounting Team and directly support our Cost Accounting Team Leader.
- ensure the correct and timely accounting registration and allocation of costs
- monitoring supplier accounts
- manage the salary processing
- support the procurement process
- take care of the costs-related tax activities (filling out of 281.50 tax forms, vat…)
- act as a liaison officer for the other departments
- play an important role in Finance integration projects, mainly the migration to a new accounting software (People Soft)
What do you bring with you as Cost Accounting Officer?
- a degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance.
- built up at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- good knowledge of the BE GAAP standards and IFRS.
- excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- a good command of Dutch or French, and English.
- extremely efficient at planning: you are able to easily meet different deadlines.
- analytical and can think in a pragmatic way.
- a real team player, but also capable of working independently.
What does NN have to offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed. People willing to give the best of themselves for our customers. People with fresh ideas and the kind of drive that enables them to take the initiative. And people who are totally at home with our values. But, especially, we need people with a unique personality that really makes a difference. In particular, be yourself. That’s what we value and appreciate at NN! How?
We will give you an attractive salary, supplemented by a range of fringe benefits, such as group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and eco-cheques, 20 days’ holiday, 12 working time adjustment days off and 5 days of extra-legal leave.
You will be given the opportunity to discover and further develop your unique talents, so that you will continue to build your career. There’s a whole range of things available for you: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
At NN, we know just how important relaxation is! Which is why we aim to achieve a good work-life balance. Working from home, flexible hours and a fitness space with group lessons are just some of the things that will make it easier for you to find the right balance.
And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought about providing an enjoyable, totally innovative working environment, where you feel at home, situated in the bustling city that is Brussels, literally next door to Brussels South railway station.
Want to apply?
Want to use your professional knowledge, talent and drive to help keep financial risks in check? Do you also have the aspiration to work with colleagues on a group level to achieve the best results? Then you’re the person we’re looking for!