Business Analyst Peoplesoft
NN is a life insurance company with great aims in Belgium. We protect what our customers hold most dear: their family and those close to them. We believe that insurance is a very personal matter and by keeping things personal, our goal is to make all the difference.
With 1.4 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, NN is part of a strong international group.
Which is why we extend a warm welcome to NN to all potential new employees looking to make a positive impact on the lives of each and every one of our unique customers!
What is your aim as a business analyst at NN?
The accounting system currently used by our Finance department is being replaced by a PeopleSoft accounting package. You will be supporting the migration process of all our data to PeopleSoft, using your agile skills to build a bridge between our business and IT.
The migration of our accounting system is part of a clear NN integration programme that will have a significant impact on financial process. As a business analyst, you are at the centre of our organisation, figuratively speaking. It will be your job to guide our financial business processes efficiently and to make improvements where necessary. This means that you will help facilitate reporting, automate processes and assist with the test phases of the new PeopleSoft solution. And you will be doing this with your other colleagues.
You’ll be making a real impression in your role by:
- formulating and consolidating a wide range of financial requirements;
- analysing, developing and collecting various data requirements, in conjunction with other departments, including Operations, Risk and IT;
- participating in ‘change management’ activities within the finance department;
- developing a vision about the direction we want to go in: you will develop ‘As-Is & To-Be’ solutions and processes for Finance Accounting, while evaluating improvements for the business model.
But there is only in person like you and that’s the business analyst we are looking for!
We realise you’re not like anyone else, so you don’t want a job like all the others. You want to make a difference. And you do that by having outstanding ideas, a flexible attitude and by taking a pragmatic look at our business. You have 5-7 years of working experience, ideally on ‘financial accounting’ projects, ‘transformation’ projects and the formulation of business requirements. Experience in the insurance industry is not necessary per se, but you do need to have an overall knowledge of accountancy so that you are able to assess what is required for us to achieve our objectives.
- Sharing, gathering and bundling knowledge is important: you want to share your knowledge with others, while ensuring that all of the knowledge in our department is combined.
- Strong analytical skills: you are good at figures and combine this skill with the type of character that is both good at solving problems and resistant to stress. This enables you to set deadlines and adhere to them.
- Communicating in different languages: You express yourself fluently in Dutch or French, with a good knowledge of the other language, which enables you to share your findings clearly with all parties.
- You will use your knowledge of the value chain, as well as Excel, PowerPoint and Visio, to give shape to our company and our corporate culture.
Working at NN: no either/or, but just NN.
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed. People willing to give the best of themselves for our customers. People with fresh ideas and the kind of drive that enables them to take the initiative. And people who are totally at home with our values. But, especially, we need people with a unique personality that really makes a difference. In particular, be yourself. That’s what we value and appreciate at NN!
- We will give you an attractive salary, supplemented by a range of fringe benefits, such as group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and eco-cheques, 20 days’ holiday and 12 working time adjustment days off.
- You will be given the opportunity to discover and further develop your unique talents, so that you will continue to build your career. There’s a whole range of things available for you: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
- At NN, we know just how important relaxation is! Which is why we aim to achieve a good work-life balance. Working from home, flexible hours and a fitness space with group lessons are just some of the things that will make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought about providing an enjoyable, totally innovative working environment, where you feel at home, situated in the bustling city that is Brussels, literally next door to Brussels South railway station.
Feel like applying? This is how you do it.
We’d like to find out what makes you unique as a business analyst. Apply now and send us your CV and letter of application by clicking the button.