Actuary Non Life
- be directly involved in the development and management of non-life products based on market requirements and demand (customers, competitors & distribution partners)
- refine the pricing structure and segmentation and, in collaboration with others – including GLM technicians and using modern Machine Learning techniques – apply these developments to new business and existing contract portfolios
- define the underwriting rules for specific products.
- calculate the impact on the portfolio performance following marketing campaigns
- ensure profitability, growth, creation of portfolios and other important indicators.
- develop dashboard reports and regular checks for stakeholders on request, and interpret trends
- develop processes and tools that ensure greater productivity in the operational departments (claims, sales, portfolio)
- develop a dashboard for continuous monitoring & analysis of the competition
- optimise the reinsurance programme while taking into account the risks and size of the portfolio
- a diploma in actuarial techniques, a Bachelor's/Master's/PhD in maths, physics, statistics, civil or commercial engineering
- some initial experience in pricing and non-life insurance
- a desire to get to grips with one of the core activities of an insurance provider: pricing
- knowledge of GLM (General Linear Model) techniques & and you relish exchanging ideas with specialist colleagues in your field
- an excellent command of Dutch or French, good knowledge of the other national language and English.
- communicative and like to get involved in discussions with different stakeholders: a genuine team player
- analytical and enjoy working with numbers
- open to change
- a self-starter and focused on achieving results
The key targets for your team are:
ensuring the rentability of the portfolio and examine and propose price increases if necessary
make fully use of the growth possibilities within the bank channel through innovative and integrated propositions
create a solid, standalone and futureproof business unit (less traffic to the agencies, focussing on digital and multichannel)
You will be working in a team made up of experienced, highly motivated underwriters and data scientists. The team is led by the head of Underwriting and Pricing. You will also be working closely with the pricing team of the parent company, NN Non-Life in The Hague (NL). It is planned for one day per week to be spent working in The Hague to encourage the exchange of knowledge and best practices. On other days, your office will be in Diegem. From mid 2019, it will be located close to Brussels-South railway station. Working from home is a regular practice in our organisation.
NN Non Life is a part of NN Group and is responsible for private non life insurances in Belgium. NN Non Life develops innovative products for ING clients. At this moment, we have over 300.000 clients in Belgium. We have ambitious targets to significantly raise this number over the next years, through our recently launched product Home & Family Insurance and through our plans for a new Car product. You will be working in the team Product, Pricing & Underwriting.