A balance between safety and dynamism
Part of your net capital3 is safely invested at a guaranteed interest rate (Branche 21 / Tak 21). The rest is invested in funds that offer no guaranteed return or capital guarantee (Branche 23 / Tak 231).
Your returns are thus determined by the make-up of your mix – specifically:
> the returns from the investment funds in the Branche 23 / Tak 231 portion
> the guaranteed interest rate applicable to the Branche 21 / Tak 212 portion + any profit participation3
Your perfect mix
- You are free to choose the ratio of Branche 21 / Tak 21 to Branche 23 / Tak 231. Your financial adviser will help you to choose the right distribution.
- The portion of your net capital invested in Branche 21 / Tak 21 is immediately secured.
- At the same time, you can aim for typically higher rewards with the portion of your net capital4 invested in Branche 23 / Tak 231.
Build savings with the flexibility of a life insurance policy
In an NN Strategy Self-Determined Saving Branche 21 / Tak 21 and Branche 23 / Tak 23 Mix1 policy:
- you are free to choose the insured person and the beneficiary or beneficiaries
- you can take out supplementary guarantees
- you pay no withholding tax under certain conditions (see below for more information)
- you can make regular transfers, starting from 40 euros per month
- you can also make a one-off deposit by investing a minimum sum of 2,500 euros. After that, you can then make additional deposits of at least 500 euros, whenever you wish.
Is it risky to invest in Branche 23 / Tak 23?
The portion you invest in Branche 23 / Tak 23 offers no guaranteed return or capital guarantee.
Your returns are determined by the performance of the funds within your contract.
Should you want or be able to invest in investment funds for a short period then this will involve a financial risk. This is because the returns from these funds are dependent on stock market fluctuations.
The risk connected to this is borne in full by you as the policyholder. This risk decreases the longer you can keep your money invested for, and depends on the funds you choose based on your investor profile.
By regularly (periodically) saving your money, you can spread your investments over time. In this way, you can mitigate the impacts of the market fluctuations that may affect funds with a higher risk profile in the short term.
For the portion that you invest in Branche 23 / Tak 231, you can choose from a number of respected investment funds within an open architecture. That means you can also opt for funds from well-known fund managers alongside funds run by NN Asset Management. You can find all the details under our Funds heading on this website.
If you opt for funds that invest more in bonds then you will reduce your risk and simultaneously increase your chance of achieving a higher return over the long run. You can find more information about fund risk classes here.
Options for a balanced investment
With NN Strategy Branche 21 / Tak 21 and Branche 23 / Tak 231 Mix, you can choose a range of attractive options in order to secure all or part of your savings, limit your losses or maintain balance in your investment.
Each year, you benefit from a free switch of at least 250 euros between your funds.
Read all the details here: Options for NN Strategy funds
Talk to your broker to find out your investor profile and to determine which options are right for your investment and your profile. This is essential for you to make sensible investments.