You can benefit from tax deductibility of the premiums via:
- Pension savings
- Long-term savings
- IPC (Individual Pension Commitment)
- Your own home only
Or you can take out a policy without tax deductibility
These rules apply in accordance with current tax legislation and are subject to change in the future.
In the event of changes to the tax rules, NN Insurance Belgium nv cannot be held liable for the consequences.
Tax treatment depends on the individual situation of the customer and may change in the future.
Wherever reference is made to a tax system or regime, this needs to be understood as the tax system or regime that applies to an average retail customer living in Belgium in the capacity of a natural person (private individual).
Options and plans
Option for work disability
If you select this option and you become unable to work during the term of the policy, then you will receive a monthly benefit on a temporary basis. That way you can continue to pay the monthly instalments.
However a waiting period applies before your payment:
- The policy must have been in place for 6 months
- An own risk period applies: you are entitled to the payment once you have been unable to work for 3 months. This period can already begin during the 6-month waiting period
- You will receive the outpayment for a maximum of 24 months per claim
- How much you receive depends on the percentage of work disability. The payment is multiplied by the percentage:
- Less than or equal to 25% equals 0%
- More than or equal to 66% equals 100%
You cannot take the work disability option if it is a loan with constant monthly instalments, if you took the ‘Two Heads’ option or if you are more than 67 years of age.
Option for Cancer Care
Cancer Care is an additional cover in the NN Hypo care debt balance insurance policy. If you or someone in your family is diagnosed with cancer, you will be paid a pre-defined amount.
- You yourself decide how you spend the money
- Possible with 1 or 2 main insured persons
- Children are automatically insured as well
Conditions and details
To protect your family against the financial consequences of either you or your children being diagnosed with cancer.1
Life-threatening cancers, including leukaemia, malignant lymphoma, Hodgkin's lymphoma, malignant bone marrow cancers and sarcomas.
The cancer must be diagnosed by a medical expert based on cell and tissue analysis. An oncologist must then draw up a histopathological report.2
Depends on the monthly repayment for the mortgage loan.
up to EUR 50,000 for the main policyholder
half of the amount for the main policyholder for the joint policy holders
PERSONAL RISK PERIOD
This lasts 6 months. In other words, the insurance policy will not cover a diagnosis of cancer during the first six months from signature of the agreement.
UPPER AGE LIMIT
Cancer Care insures you against cancer until you reach the age of 70.
END OF COVER
For all (joint) policyholders: when the outstanding balance insurance expires
For a joint policyholder: once they turn 18 and reach the age of majority
The supplementary Cancer Care cover can be cancelled free of charge at any time without terminating the Hypo Care(+) cover.
The same conditions apply as for your main cover, Hypo Care(+)
Are you aged 50 or less? And is your insured capital no more than EUR 300,000? Then all you need to do is fill in a simplified medical questionnaire.
In all other cases you can find more information in our overview of segmentation criteria and in the Financial Information Sheet.
The amount of the premium depends on factors such as:
- your age when the policy is taken out
- whether or not you smoke
- Payment frequency
- monthly: only via direct debit
- annual: via direct debit or transfer
Don't delay – ask your broker for a quotation in order to find out your exact premium, adjusted to your personal situation.
The cover follows the same approach as your main cover, Hypo Care(+).
Option for Hypo care +: free preventative health examination
If you opt for Hypo care +, you may have preventative blood and urine tests carried out free of charge every 3 years. That way you can monitor your health and discover possible medical problems in good time.
- You choose the lab yourself
- We do not need to know the results
There are various plans for paying the premiums
- Optimal (standard): we optimise the period of the premium payments.
- Relax: this unique plan enables you to spread the premium over the whole term of your mortgage. You then pay a lower premium on an annual basis. You also receive a minimum insured capital lump sum, meaning you are better covered.
NB: Relax does not fit into the ‘only and own home’ tax system.
- Budget: set the premium payment to the annual premium you want to pay.
- Classic: you pay the premium for 2/3 of the term of the policy.
Possible payment types for the premium:
- Purchase price: you pay the full premium in one go
- Fixed premium: you spread the payment over time; the premium is constant
- Risk premiums: the premium changes with your age
In terms of payment frequency, you can opt to make monthly payments by direct debit, or annually by direct debit or transfer.
Are you 50 years old or younger? And is your capital insured at least 300,000 euro? Then you will be able to fill in a simplified medical questionnaire.