Accessible entry with good tax benefits
Scala Corporate is an affordable investment. The minimum annual contribution is just EUR 1,500 a year per contract.
Your employees gain maximum benefit from this, as a group insurance policy is obviously much better value for them than a straightforward pay rise.
As an employer, your premiums are tax deductible provided you adhere to the 80% rule.3
Choose between Branche 21 / Tak 21 and Branche 23 / Tak 231 solutions, or opt for a mix of both
As an employer, you are required by the government to deliver a minimum guaranteed return4. It is often not possible to achieve this percentage with Branche 21 / Tak 21 products nowadays, and you will then be required to make up the difference. As such, it makes sense to opt for a Branche 23 / Tak 23 solution1, or for a mix of Branche / Tak 21 and 23.
There is no guaranteed return for Branche 23 / Tak 231, and good years may alternate with less good ones. However, given the long term of a group insurance policy the risks are evened out, and there is a greater chance that – as an employer – you will be able to meet your financial obligations in full so that your employees can benefit from strong coverage and a healthy boost to their pension pots.
It's also worth thinking about convenience. As an employer, you can choose between 36 different Branche 23 / Tak 231 funds that range from the defensive to the dynamic, including 4 profile funds that are managed internally by NN. That means it's easy to decide for yourself how much risk you want to take. Without having to take on active management yourself. You can leave all that in the safe hands of our experts.
Maximum flexibility for you as an employer
It's up to you to define the amount of the budget, which staff grades fall under the scope of the policy, and define how the guarantees are made up.
- Budget: choose a lump sum, a salary percentage, or a mix of both.
- Staff grades: choose which category of employees you wish to reward and bind to your company (taking care not to discriminate against anybody)
- Contribution composition: 100% employer premiums, or premiums that are partly paid by you as an employer and partly deducted from the employees" salaries5
Plenty of flexibility for your employees
With the Scala Corporate group insurance policy, it is up to you as an employer to decide how your employees can spread their contribution between different forms of risk cover. The employee can amend their choice every year.
The remaining balance is saved for their supplementary pension.
Optional cover in the event of death:
- An extra amount for the next of kin
- An extra amount for the next of kin in the event of death due to an accident
Possible cover for incapacity for work:
- Payment of premiums by NN, including maintenance of guarantees and pension savings
- An annuity payment in the event of incapacity for work due to sickness or accident, whether personal or professional
- An extra amount in the event of complete and permanent incapacity for work due to an accident
A helping hand when buying real estate
Is your employee planning to acquire a property? With this group insurance policy, you can give them the chance to finance their plans at a better rate, by means of an advance payment on their contract, which comes with some extremely attractive terms.
Naturally, as an employer, you need to ensure that your employee does actually use the advance payment for a property purchase within the European Economic Area; otherwise, you will lose the benefit of the tax relief.